top of page

Diamonds are social media's best friend. - See what we did there?

210 New Leads in under two weeks, that is a fantastic Return On Investment (ROI). That's the type of ROI one of our clients who is a Jewellery company has experienced through our paid social media campaigns. So why are so many Jewellery companies still relying on word of mouth to generate new leads to their e-commerce stores and why are many of their websites stuck in 1998?

Here are 3 reasons why Jewellery is a perfect fit for Social Media Marketing.

1) Jewellery is stunning!

The first rule of social media marketing is that it needs to be eye catching. Social media is a very superficial platform, if it does not look good then people will just keep scrolling. 74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing. The other 26% just aren't very good. Facebook posts with images see 2.3x more engagement than posts that don't leverage images.

Do you know what will grab peoples attention? A picture of that guy that just walked into your store sweating about which diamond ring to buy his girlfriend. Or how about that couple that is so in love and want to symbolise that love by creating a family crest on a Signet Ring?

Furthermore, you need to leverage User Generated Content (UGC). For example, that gentleman who bought that diamond ring probably put a picture on his Instagram of his proposal (If she said yes). This is great content for you to share with your followers. 47% of high street retailers say that being able to discover and buy products from social media will be more important to shoppers in the next year. In the same study they found that out of the brands surveyed 9 out of 10 said that UGC increases trust in their brand.

2) Its a social mobile first world

56% of every £1 spent is influenced by a digital interaction. The average person spends 1 hour 40 minutes on social media every day. Online and Offline marketing efforts should compliment each other so ensure that your brands online self is a true reflection of the quality of your brand.

Reflect on your behaviour. How often do you use your mobile phone? When someone sends you a link on Whatsapp do you open it on your phone or do you get your laptop and enter the url manually? How often do you buy goods online?

Many Jewellery shops are missing a massive opportunity here. A common objection we hear is that owners invest in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) so there is no need for social media marketing. SEO is fantastic for when a user has made their decision to search for a good or service. However, at this point in the customer journey your brand will be compared to many of your competitors. Social Media Paid Advertising when done correctly targets your ideal customers whilst they are still contemplating their buying decision.

3) Return On Investment (ROI)

Unlike other retailers such as apparel, Jewellery is a high ticket product. An investment of even £10,000 in a year can be recouped by just a few sales. What you have to consider is the opportunity cost of not having a mobile friendly website and a social first marketing strategy. Can you afford not to compete?

For more information, contact me direcly on Get in touch now and learn how we can help you.

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Instagram Social Icon
bottom of page